Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Deck the Halls




Some people don't realize how a small gesture can make such a big difference. I needed a boost to start my holiday decorating. My friend Diane offered to come this morning and get me started. How fabulous! What a luxury! What a great friend! We started with a bagel and some really strong coffee, then started pulling things out of the holiday totes. Find some greens, look for a platter, tie some ribbon!! And, voila -- it's wonderful! I know I'm using lots of exclamation points, but that is how I feel. By 11:30 we had tackled most of the rooms and were on our way for some lunch at the Wild Pear. After lunch, I added a few more little details inside and worked on a basket of fresh greens and holly for the patio table. The potting bench got a few boughs too. All in all it was a very productive day. I'm off to work tomorrow, so getting the tree decorated will have to wait. It doesn't seem as overwhelming since the rest of the house is done. A big thanks to Diane and here is a picture of one of our little groupings.

3 comments:

Christine LeFever said...

Diane is a dear. It looks so sweet. Exclamation marks are my faves, by the by! And I did learn that we women are more inclined toward them.
On Saturday, I told Karens's beautiful daughter, Zoe, at Tarte & Apples Antiques,that my parents ALMOST named me Zoe, but that the actual French pronunciation is Zwee and they just knew that very few would get it. So I ended up with Christine. I would happily go by Zwee or Zoey! Your dog is very lucky!

Christine

Lisa Kaus said...

Hi Martha,
Thanks for stopping by.. I purchased your Holiday wall piece with the vintage tags, numbers and found object. I just love it!
Hope to see more of your goodies at Tarte & Apples.
Happy Holidays!
Lisa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive