Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

It is Christmas evening and our suitcases are packed. We are ready to head to Kansas City and wouldn't you know it ... they are having the worst snow storm that they have had in 120 years !?!?

I'm trying not to stress and have a melt-down. It is what it is and we can only accept what might happen due to the storm. We are traveling prepared. So far our airline has managed to do things that has me muttering things I can't or shouldn't write. We had seats assigned, then we didn't. Now we do, but we aren't together. I can deal with that. Our son was able to check-in on-line and print his boarding pass, but my husband and I have been instructed to check-in with a United representative. We must be a security risk. Probably something to do with what I was thinking when I found out our seats had been assigned to someone else. Then we decided to "pre-check" our one bag and save a couple of dollars. They managed to charge us for 3 bags and then require us to go through a "request for reimbursement" email to be reimbursed. It just keeps getting better. Since I don't fly that often, these are probably common occurances and I just don't know it. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.

I would like to take a moment and thank all the wonderful people who given my creations a new home over the past year. All of you who have stopped to say hello and have been so supportive. All of my friends and family that have made it possible for me to keep doing what I love. I appreciate all of you so much. So with that said, I'm ready for some time off. I'm ready to enjoy time with my family; to rest and have some fun. So until I return - Happy New Year! M.

3 comments:

Libby Buttons said...

This is beautiful Martha!

Faded Charm said...

I hope you have a nice trip and many blessings to you in the New Year.

Kathleen

Sandy said...

I am sitting here in a very cold Western New York just surfing the web and came across your lovely blog. Hope the rest of your trip went better than the start. I'm thinking it's a good thing I can't afford to fly!

Blog Archive