Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Goin' to Kansas City ...

As some of you know, I am a Kansas girl - born and raised just south of Kansas City. Just after Christmas, my husband and son will join me on a long over-due visit with family and friends.
One of our first stops will be to visit the Country Club Plaza and take in the beautiful light display. Visiting "the Plaza", as it is fondly referred to, is one of my most favorite childhood memories. Since I have a December birthday, my treat was to go see the lights, all the animated window displays and have a special dinner with my family. It is so beautiful and I can't wait to share it with my husband and son. This is the 80th anniversary for the lights and it is truly worth the time to visit it. (Picture from visitMO.com)
My next "have-to-see" is this gal, Debbie Dusenberry, at her fabulous shop, Curious Sofa!!!
When we first had the idea to make this trip, it took me about - oh 2 seconds - to think about a visit to Curious Sofa. I follow Deb's blog and enjoy see her imaginative vignettes. After hinting to this trip in a post last month, a couple of KC area bloggers asked if we could meet and get better acquainted. I am hoping to be able to coordinate a "Girl's Day Out" with my cousins with a visit to Curious Sofa and a meeting with my blog friends. Hope I can pull all this off! (Mary and Beth, I will be in touch when I know timeframes - probably mid-week!)
Then, last- but certainly not least, we will make a short trip to south eastern Kansas to spend some time with my BFF Sharon who finally made it back to Oregon last summer. We had such a wonderful time and hope to take up where we left off last summer. We have know each other since 1st grade and were college roommates. Doesn't get much better than that! There aren't many people left that have know me that long!
In between all these little trips, I hope to visit, visit, visit with my cousins Beth and Leslie. I will finally get to meet Beth's husband and son. Can't wait. I will also spend some time with my Aunt Letha and cousin Debbie. So much to do and so little time. I know it will go fast but it will be worth every second. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures to share when we return. Hope your holiday preparations are going smoothly. Remember to take time to breath and enjoy the season. M.

Blog Archive