Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shopping Cart Re-Play

In the past I've shown pictures of old shopping carts that I've lined with fabric. Recently, there has been a lot of interest in them. So as a result of a special request, I'm going to show them again and add a new one that was a custom order.

The first one I made for myself just before going to Farm Chicks. It was the first time I had used one of these little carts and was I ever happy to have it. I have filled it many, many times at recent venues. What a life-saver!

The second one is for sale on my Etsy store. It is the same design: new and vintage fabrics & laces, fully lined and washable. Sturdy ribbon ties secure it to your cart at strategic spots. It includes a roomy storage pocket on the back which is divided into two compartments. Part of the pocket has a spot for your water bottle and the rest provides plenty of room for whatever you need while mega-shopping: cell-phone, kleenex, business cards, protein bar, tape measure, pen, etc. Sorry - no cup holder for your coffee. You will have to improvise until I figure that one out!



This last cart liner was a special order. It required a little more planning as the cart is a new, improved version of the older ones. The front and back are higher than the sides. It fit like a glove!



So, if you would like a custom liner for your little cart, just comment or e-mail me and we can discuss fabrics, size and cost. It is a nice way to keep all your treasures from falling through the cart. Each one is unique and a must for die-hard shoppers! M.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Martha-Your going to have everyone all decked out this year.
Beautiful once again!
Kim :)
www.flutterbygirls.blogspot.com

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Martha,
Love the liners for the shopping carts. Another great idea.
Take care,
Warmly,
Deb

The Cinnamon Stick said...

We sell shopping carts at our store (when we can find olde ones)and hubby makes a wooden bottom for them...can't wait to show him what you do!! Beautiful!! Judy

. said...

Hi What a lovley blog you have. Denise

Monica said...

Hi Martha! These carts are fabulous!!!
Monica.

Blog Archive