Saturday, July 12, 2008

Remembering

Earlier this week, my family attended a memorial service for my aunt. She had coped with Parkinson's much longer than anyone should have to. We know she is now free and in a much better place. We gathered at the home she shared with my uncle for many years and celebrated and remembered her. Since my parents have been gone for a number of years, my aunt and uncle's home has been very special to me and I always look forward to visiting. It has always been filled with unique items that were gifts or keepsakes collected on their travels. I slipped away from all the relatives took some pictures of a few of my favorite things that will always remind me of my aunt. I will be going back often to see my uncle, but I am afraid that someday, these special treasures will go elsewhere. These images will remind me of her.


Tomorrow, my hubby and I will be taking Miss Zoe and heading for Central Oregon for a few days. It is a much needed respite. I plan to take walks, stare at the mountains, nap and read. There will be good food, wine and no doubt a couple of gin and tonics! I'll share some pictures when we return later this week. M.








5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hi Martha...so sorry to hear of your aunt's passing...but she is in a better place now..Parkinson's isn't much fun.

The pieces you photographed are lovely...the hand is a most unique piece.

Hope you enjoy your time away..it is always nice to have a change of pace and scenery...clears the head.

Take care...and have fun!
Hugs, Nancy

Adrienne said...

Martha, I'm so sorry for your loss. My aunt is very dear to me and I can't imagine life without her! Your pictures of her treasures are wonderful. What a great reminder of a special lady. Get some rest while you're away.
~Adrienne~

Christine LeFever said...

All so lovely, Martha. Enjoy your respite!

XO,

Christine

Sandra Evertson said...

Sorry for you loss...sending good thoughts and well wishes!
Sandra Evertson

FourSistersInACottage said...

Poor Zoe....nothing worst than trying to figure out when our babies are sick (yes, our 90 pound 6 year old lab is still our baby)
Have fun while you are gone and we will catch up soon,
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Blog Archive