Saturday, April 19, 2008

Warm at Heart



A couple of weeks ago I vowed to stop whining about the weather. I've done pretty good up to this point. This morning we awoke to a dusting of snow --- snow that stuck ---snow that required me to run the defroster and clean off the windshield. It's April 19th in the Pacific Northwest for Pete's sake. Not Minnesota, or Wisconsin or Buffalo, New York. (I had to throw Buffalo in there 'cuz we always see it depicted with of piles of snow and icicles and people bundled up with woolen scarves wrapped up to their eyeballs.)

While I was out cleaning off the SUV to go the an event at the Saturday public market, one of the neighbors wished me a Merry Christmas as he walked by. Funny guy.

The event went well and I brought home some fresh treats: locally made smoked gouda cheese (ultra, mega yummy), artisan bread, and these beautiful tulips. I sat down with a steaming, hot cup of joe and decided that warmth, this spring, is going to have to come from within. From the heart. Just an extended yuletide jolliness -- really extended. In spite of the snowflakes, all the vendors and shoppers at the public market were in great spirits. Such friendly, nice people. It was a really positive atmosphere and I look forward to going again soon. It was cold outside, but the warmth of everyone made you forget that there was snow on April 19th.

Time to get back into my workroom. This is an old clipboard that I had fun embellishing the other day. Warm wishes for a great weekend!


3 comments:

the said...

I too am from the Salem area and am so sick and tired of this weather! We have had snow and hail all day here :(
Hope the week turns out better !!
Stephanie

Aleta said...

I am with you on the weather front. Does this mean we're in for a HOT summer?!! I hope so!!

All the goodies you've been creating are fabulous!! I look forward to seeing you on Monday. :o)

Hugs and hugs, Aleta

Nancy said...

Martha...I have something you don't have...10 inches of snow!!! Go see the pics on my blog...we are in for another 2 or 3 inches before Tuesday!

I agree...spring will come from within at least until May!

Hugs,
Nancy

Blog Archive