Friday, February 1, 2008

Go Red Day





February 1st is Go Red Day for Women. This day has been created by the American Heart Association to celebrate the energy, passion and power women have when banded together to fight heart disease and stroke. The color red stands for the ability all women have to improve their heart health and live better lives. Several important women in my life have had heart disease and this little post is my way to make women aware that it can happen to you. Diet and exercise can reduce your chances of heart disease and stroke. I made a personal goal for myself to lose weight and get more exercise this year. A few years ago, I was eating so much better and exercising almost every day. I had a back injury that made it painful to go on the daily walks, etc. From that point, I've fallen back into some not-so-healthy habits. I decided that 2008 was going to be the beginning of a healthier me. I know this sounds crazy considering I have just spent the past 3 weeks with a nasty virus, but it has made me even more aware of the importance of being healthy. Don't take it for granted for a single day. I'm trying to make small changes and be successful with those before moving on to other things. I would rather be successful with a few things, than take on too much initially and fail. Anyway, there you have it! I am leaving you with a few pictures of some of my favorite "red" things. The little hearts were part of an ornament collection that were my mother's. The birdhouse is on my patio.


Also, today is the birthday of a good friend - Cindy of Tarte! Today should also be declared "Pink Day" for her! Drop by her blog: http://www.queenoftarte.blogspot.com/ and wish her a Happy Birthday! Best Wishes, Cindy!

1 comment:

Queen of Tarte said...

Thank you Martha...Pink Day is quite suitable, I am sure we could get lots of ladies on board for a day of pink celebration!!

Blog Archive