Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Upcoming Show & A Surprise

Earlier this year, I met two fellow bloggers at Joy's Blog Party -- Julie and Christa of Kindred Roses, Camas, Washington. Sweet , sweet gals ! Anyway, they are hosting a springtime show, Whimsical Wishes, in Camas on April 25th.

You can get more details by visiting Julie's blog: http://www.kindredroses.blogspot.com/. If the pictures are representative of what will be at the show -- you gotta go!

Now on to the surprise. Last Friday I was checking my blog and noticed a new comment. It was from Julie, Kindred Roses (above) saying I was famous and had a picture in the new issue of Romantic Country magazine. I'm thinkin' - what in the heck is she talkin' about?



I was totally clueless, so I gave her a call. Well, she wasn't kidding. Susan Kashas and her husband Les have their home featured in the Spring/Summer 2009 issue. Susan is a dear lady I met through friends Linda and Ludmil Marcov. The collage shown in the magazine is one that I made for Susan several years ago. It is pictured in her home office and the article actually mentions my name as the artist! I was absolutely dumbfounded and delighted!

This is a picture I took several years ago of the collage, entitled "Fancie".


Friends Ludmil (Willow Nest) and Cindy (Tarte) also have items hi-lighted. This is the first time I have seen this publication. It is absolutely lovely and creates all sorts of inspiration. If you have an opportunity, pick up a copy and enjoy the eye candy. I will be a regular reader from now on!
I'm still busy preparing new things for the Home & Garden Show at the Monticello Antique Marketplace. We will be setting up our space next Monday. The Show will open on Friday, April 24th. I plan to go on Saturday the 25th, then cross the river to Camas for the Whimsical Wishes show. Hope you will join me. I will provide a few sneak peeks later this week! M.

13 comments:

Patina said...

What a fun surprise Martha!
Congratulations, you did a wonderful job!

See you @ Montis!

ludmil said...

Was that not a sweet surprise.. it happened for us much the same way.. a friend, Kaci of Patina Green called and say "hey you guys are in Romantic Country this issue" and we said no we aren't in anything at this time and she started reading from the pages.. and yes we saw you too.... Susan and Les became such good friends of ours, it made me miss everyone... and can't wait to see you all in Aug.. Love Linda

Anne Marie said...

good luck with your show- and if you don't mind me asking: how do you advertise? I'm having another one myself and could use any advice you give me :)
thanks in advance....

Kim said...

Martha-
How wonderful! I'm off to find a copy here directly!
Congratulations!
Kim :)

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Martha,
How cool is that??? It is the same magazine that my Christmas pictures were in a couple of years ago. Two years after they were taken. Very fun!!
JOY!

Charmingdesigns said...

Martha...that is so wonderful! And the artwork is fabulous. Thank you for your well wishes. That sounds like a wonderful outing, I'm setting the date aside to visit both places. Laurie

Molly Mo's said...

Told ya you'd be famous....

love ya,
Diane

Sammy Girl said...

Hey Martha! I'm so glad you "solved the mystery" ... I was wondering at the comment, too. I'll have to grab myself a copy, if there are any left, that is. You (and your work)are AWESOME!
Hugs from OKC!
Betty :)

blessings said...

That's the best kind of surprise. I'm so happy for you! I saw the article but I didn't realize that you didn't know. We advertised in that issue (French Cupboard) so we got our copy early. I'm still enjoying it :)

Have a beautiful weekend. Blessings.. Polly

Coleen said...

that is too wonderful, Martha!!! What a great gift that was....hope it brings you much abundance and joy!!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Jann said...

How cool, Martha--congrats!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Such a lovely blog....I have so enjoyed viewing your work. Isn't blogging a wonderful networking tool?..Keep up the good work.
~Kathy~ sweetup-northmornings.blogspot.com

Lana Manis said...

Congratulations on the publicity Martha! I enjoy that magazine when I remember to pick it up at a local store. I'll have to go see if that issues is still available.

I've had fun browsing your blog this morning... so many lovely photos!

Blog Archive