Thursday, November 15, 2007

Glitter and Glue and Tinsel - Oh My!



As I have mentioned before, I work at a living museum, Historic Deepwood Estate. Yesterday we were preparing for the annual Holiday Gift Sale to be held on the 16th and 17th (more info under Holiday Events). The cellophane and shreds were flying! We created number of gift combinations that are ready for giving! There are many garden and tea themed gifts, most priced under $25.00! What a gift-giving deal! We also have wonderful chocolates, teas, and lemon curd for sale. There will be vendors selling handmade jewelry, candles, fresh wreaths and more. All of this will be held inside the 1894 Queen Anne home -- beautiful!


As if that isn't enough, I will be at Molly Mo's Friday evening and Saturday for our Holiday Treasures sale. Again, more info and directions to the left in the Holiday Events area. Hope to see you there! I can't wait to see the barn again tomorrow. Diane has created such a beautiful, magical venue. Everything has her special touch! Don't let the weather keep you away. It will be cozy with something warm to drink and little treats to enjoy while you shop.


I am still finishing new pieces to take out with me Friday. They will be hot off the worktable! I find that once I get going on something, I think of something else and begin it. Before either of the two are completed, I think of another and begin it. Right now I have four unfinished assembleges to complete tonight! Why do I do this to myself? I think I have to create what is in my head before it explodes. Instead, my workroom explodes - stuff all over the place. I guess that is better than my head exploding - ha! I finally took time on Monday and swept and put away some of my supplies. Much better. At least I can see the tabletop - in places! Well, thanks for checking in with me. Here are a couple of new pieces that will be at Molly Mo's! Take care.

2 comments:

Christine LeFever said...

It's all so festive and wonderful. I simply have to spend my weekend in Salem and Sublimity, Martha. I will figure out a way!

You actually swept your studio? Oh my goodness, my art room is jealous!

Christine

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I just love your blog. I saw Linda Marcov today at Canton Tx, she said to be sure and check out your blog and tell you hello. I saw some of your work in her booth and you'll probably see pictures too on my blog. I'm marking you on my favorites, Theresa

Blog Archive