Sunday, March 14, 2010

Once again -- Thank You!


A big, big "thank you" to everyone who came to our 4 Friends Sale on Saturday!

Once again, you made it a wonderful day. I was, once again, amazed at the number of people who stopped by my little "shop". Many new faces as well as many familiar ones. Elf Patty's delicious shamrock sugar cookies were a hit and I shared my recipe for the coconut nests more than once during the day. My lovely niece Ashlie was a huge help tending the cashier's stand and wrapping up every one's purchases. I didn't realize that I missed getting a picture of her until today. Maybe again next year, Ashlie?!? If it wasn't for Elf Patty and Ashlie, I would have never been able to pull this off. It's such a godsend to have your very own elf and I am thankful for my Elf Patty!


And, miraculously, Miss Zoe decided to be the welcoming committee. This is a dog who usually scares the wits out of everyone with her big bark. She has intimidated many a UPS driver to just giving a soft knock on the door, leaving the package and running for their truck. Not Saturday, she quietly greeted everyone and waited to get a pat on the head. One happy dog. When she wasn't meeting and greeting, she was asleep right in the middle of it all. And that is one big heap of dog in the middle of things. No one seemed to mind and she reveled in the attention. Go figure. Today, she was back to her cranky, normal self. Gotta love her.


Anyway, after a lazy morning, I started turning my little shop ...


back into our dining room!

Six hours later, everything is back in place and my garage/warehouse is reorganized. Now I just have to make some sense of my workroom. IT IS A MESS ! So, tomorrow I will tackle it. If you don't have anything better to do, drop by. I'll put you to work mucking it out. You see, I have to have a clean slate before I can begin making things for my next event. That leads to another thing to ponder ... what will be my next event? I'll keep you posted. M.

4 comments:

Florence said...

I so enjoyed your sale, I wish I could of been there earlier though. Is there a secret to making those bird nest? I thought it would be a great project for Easter. Hugs Florence I will soon post pictures that I took.

Kissed by an Angel said...

I am so pleased everything went so well!! It was a lot of hard work though!!!
xxxx

Rebecca Grinder said...

I had a blast stopping by and I can't wait to "create" with the bits I picked up at your shop! Martha, I love how you inspire me!
Next show, Jen and I are sure to arrive early!

Nancy said...

Hi Martha...
Wish I lived closer...someday I will get out there and visit.
Love how you set everything up...very lovely.
And your "real" dining room is very pretty...Your table and chairs and that sweet centerpiece are so inviting...

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs, Nancy

Blog Archive