Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Favorite of Mine

One of the visitors at my recent sale suggested that I submit my calendar project to Somerset Life. Since it is difficult to mail, I asked my son (photographer extraordinaire) what the best way/settings, etc. were to submit photographs of it instead of mailing the real thing. We found all the submission requirements in an old issue and then he went to work using my little camera.
I hadn't begun taking apart my little "shop" in the front room, so he designed a vignette using the calendar as part of a writing desk.
The result was so wonderful and sweet. So "me" that I didn't want to dismantle it. It made me want to sit and tend to all the crummy tasks that I avoid at my real desk in my workroom! Why not keep it and enjoy it you ask?!? It just doesn't really work for me in everyday life. I would have to purchase a laptop, sacrifice a variety of the props that I use for shows, find a better place for my file cabinets that currently are the base for my real desk.
But, for a couple of hours, I really enjoyed what I might use in the future. The pictures turned out well. I need to send them to him to edit before I submit them with my calendar story.
I know that this isn't an event of significant importance, but I wanted to share this special little vignette with you. I just shows what you can do with what you have tucked away in other rooms or your storage. If you use things that you like, it will all come together in a comfortable, pleasing way! So look around your house, garage, even the patio and create a new spot just for you! M.

12 comments:

Gail said...

Martha,
Smart move submitting that darling calendar.....I can't imagine them NOT wanting to use it in their magazine! It's just darling......love it in the context of your vignette also.

mary pernula said...

What wonderful display of everthing. You have a very specail talent. XO MARY

Karen Valentine said...

Martha the vignette is GORGEOUS! It looks like it BELONGS in that magazine. I wish you the best of luck!

Karen
My Desert Cottage
Valentine Design

Florence said...

You are so right, good luck on the article you are going to submit. Florence

Artist Class said...

Beautiful!!!

The Feathered Nest said...

The photograph is just GORGEOUS Martha!!!!! What a wonderful idea to do this ~ you'll save a ton of money not shipping it too!!! I can't wait to see you beautiful calendar published! hugs and love, Dawn

BellaRosa said...

Martha amor, I think this picture is just gorgeous and I know it will be chosen for the magazine! Lovely things are sometimes forgotten when tucked away for another day :) Thank you for reminding me of that :) Besos, Rose

Kissed by an Angel said...

Waht a gorgeous photograph! Good luck with the magazine submission!!!
xxxx

Marilyn Miller said...

Martha,
The vignette is perfect and I do hope you are published in Somerset Life. That would be so exciting for you.
Sorry I missed you at the St. Patricks' Day tea, they said you had already left when it started.

Sammy Girl said...

Mmmmm ..... love it love it LOVE IT!
So sweet, and so YOU!
Hugs!
Betty :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful....can we have a close up of the calender....I can not wait that long to see it in Somerset Life...I want one!!!!!

Christine LeFever said...

He did a wonderful job, Martha!

Hugs,

Zwee!!!!!!! (My new alter-ego)

Blog Archive