Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Already !

The first day of October... I can't believe it ! Where did September go? It just flew by while I was either in my workroom or at work putting in many, many hours. And, I must be really wicked, 'cuz I don't remember getting much rest!
I completed my final Halloween show last weekend, but I'm still in the Halloween mood. Soooo, I guess I'll have to decorate our house. We don't do scary, gruesome stuff - just unexpected and whimsical. I like our guests to be surprised by our decorations not frightened. Sometime this weekend I will crawl up in the attic and get down my favorite stuff. I have quite a collection and I'll share a few pictures later.
Even though I'm really in the mood for Fall - I began thinking of Christmas and what I will make this year. I need to get busy since our first show is on November 6th & 7th !
Here is the scoop: Molly Mos and Vintage Trifles
present our 4th Annual Holiday Treasures Show
on November 6th & 7th !!!
So, mark your calendars and reserve some time to visit Diane's sweet barn in Sublimity.
It will be all decked out for the holidays and then some.
On Friday, the 6th from 5-8 p.m. we offer early bird shopping with nibbles & drinks
to keep you warm and happy. Admission is $5.00.
More shopping on Saturday the 7th, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., for free, while enjoying yummy
holiday refreshments. This year we are adding treats made by Elf Patty.
Since you will want more of these treats, she will make enough for you to
purchase and take home for later. I can almost smell the sugar cookies and peanut brittle now!

Here are a few shots from last year to get you in the mood! Keep checking back to see
the new items for this year. Soon, the glitter will be flying again!







In the meantime, get out there and visit a pumpkin patch, enjoy some fresh cider and warm donuts. Go run through some crunchy leaves or a corn maze.
Shop for Halloween candy - go home and hide it so you still have some
on the 31st -those Snickers just mysteriously disappear! There is some spooky chocolate
thief in our house - wonder who ?!? He (did I say he?) makes the Snickers disappear in the middle of the night. I have yet to catch him. I'll need to find a better hiding place - maybe near the cleaning supplies. They'll be safe there! M.

12 comments:

Lorrie said...

I'm thinking about Christmas, too. I was looking at your Advent calendar - did you make it?
It's lovely. Where do you store the ornaments before hanging them on the hooks/nails?

Lorrie

Adrienne said...

Oh, I hope I can take in all the events! Looks like so much fun!!

I just sent an email to you at Deepwood about the tea this Saturday evening. I'm not able to attend and would like you to give my ticket to someone who can use it or fill my spot, if you can. My email explains - I'm so sorry to miss it but have a chance to go away with my sweetheart!
~Adrienne~

Molly Mo's said...

Martha-
I'm gearing up for another great Christmas show! I'm so excited to have Patty make her delicious treats, what a great addition to our sale! As you said, let the glitter fly! Can't wait to see what you create this year.

xoxo,
Diane

Rebecca said...

Hi
Love the Christmas treasures...wish I could think about Christmas without pushing the panic button. Always behind and thinking of it sends me whirling. So right now I will say I love October and have a good one
Blessings
Rebecca

Shell said...

Martha,

I too am thinking of Christmas-will be on the Parlour Tour here in Snohomish (WA) this year! And of course the crafting.....

But FIRST, I have to start putting away the Candy that I will need for the some 600 Trick or Treaters I get here in the historical District!!!Seriously!

I do a "bit" of decorating and I am selling some crafts down at Joyworks (in Snohomish) but I keep my Halloween decorating pretty sparse because there are so many people/kids on my porch, nobody notices!!!

Good fun though!! (Check out the recent previous posts for my KILLER White Chili recipe that is great for a "scary and chilly" night in the Northwest!

Shell

http://ShellinSnohomish.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the babies with the hats. I didn't find them on Etsy, but would love to get more info. I will try to come to one of your shows. I am in the Seattle area.

Thanks,
Cindy @ haleyscottage.blogspot.com

Jennifer Evans said...

Can't wait!!! By the way, your postcard looks great! ;) I'm a little bias...

Jann said...

Loved the post--what darling Christmas treasures!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Such beautiful Christmas creations!!! It will be here before we know it.

Charmingdesigns said...

You've been really quiet, I bet you are in that wonderful workroom of your just crafting away for your upcoming sale. I've been busy on a few things that we discussed. Come by and take a look and see if you think they are "saleable". Take care. Laurie

Anonymous said...

I dont know which I am more excited about coming! Halloween or Christmas! hehe Big hugs

toodles-
Sarah

p.s. come and visit this mermaid
http://gypsymermaidlife.blogspot.com

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

The Snickers thief story made me chuckle.... :-)

Blessings,
Spencer

Blog Archive