Tuesday, October 20, 2009

13 Days of Halloween !

Back in March, I wanted to submit something to Somerset Studio for their Vintage Halloween theme. I remembered when I was a child, I had a hard time waiting for special events or holidays - Halloween being one of them. I would constantly ask my mom - "how much longer?". At Christmas she solved the problem by giving me an Advent calendar. That method of counting down days was my inspiration to create "The 13 Days of Halloween"!


I picked the #13 since it is associated with mysterious things and created 13 symbols or images that you associate with Halloween. Each one is hidden inside a box with a door. Beginning on October 19 (13 days before the big spooky day) each day you open a door revealing another sign of Halloween. I intended to begin yesterday and obviously I am late beginning, but I intend to reveal what is behind each door, everyday, until it is October 31st ! So here goes ...

Thirteen signs of Halloween ...



One each day to be seen.


On All Hallows Eve when the spirits are near ...



a surprise image to you will appear!




Spooky, huh?!? So check back tomorrow (and the days following) to see what is behind each door until October 31st - when the 13th door will open and reveal a surprise image! Happy Halloween ! M.

7 comments:

Monica said...

Martha, this is just fantastic!
Monicax.

Andy's Attic said...

This is one of the most creative and unique ideas I have seen! How much fun for an adult or child!!
Annette

Charmingdesigns said...

Martha you are so clever!!

Linda Q said...

Another darling idea, you are sure having fun this month!!
Linda Q

The Feathered Nest said...

I love it Martha!!!! Just wonderful...what a great idea...xxoo, Dawn

Kindred Roses said...

Your amazing!!!
Julie, Kindred Roses

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Love this idea! So fun!! My boys would love this so much! I might try it next year. My littlest is keeping me too busy to get any crafting done this year!

Blog Archive