Saturday, March 8, 2008

3 Friends = Lots of Fun and Treasures

What started out as an experiment, turned out to be a great success. My three friends, Cindy, Diane and Joy coordinated a trio of wonderfully unique sales. Each one perfectly demonstrated each person's style and personality. Each one offered a treasure trove of antiques, collectables and one-of-a-kind, handmade pieces. My sister and I ventured forth, making our first stop in Silverton at Auntie Joy's! This little shop just bubbles with Joy's energy and her infectious laugh. If you need to get charged up or perked up -- Auntie Joy's is the place -- no caffeine needed!. Joy provides an variety of wonderful finds. I bought a rusty iron table base that will be the perfect base for my next mannequin and a clock face from a grandfather's clock. It just says "Halloween"!! I'll tell about my plans for it later. Molly Mo's in Sublimity was our next stop. Owner, Diane Kaser presented the sweetest collection of collectibles. Her vignettes were superb and inviting. I found an old wooden typewriter table and a old clipboard (I know there is another name for it because it doesn't have a clip. It has two "things" that paper threads onto and you can flip it over.) It has an old millinery flower on top and a unusual picture of a woman mounted on the center of the board. Iwill display it in my workroom. After having a cupcake and visiting with friends, we left for Salem to visit Tarte! This was Cindy's first sale at her new location -- her home! She has fashioned the most wonderful little shop from her sweetie's former wood shop. It just drips with French ambiance, fluff and unusual little finds. I hope Cindy will continue to treat us to her unique sense of style every month. Also featured were new creations by Karen Otto of A'musements. Fabulous paper wreaths, sparkley blue birds and unbelievable tiny paper slippers -- all meticulously handmade by Karen.
Regretfully, it was time to go home. I still have several projects to complete for Flourishes' grand opening next Saturday. Venture to Flourishes at Mt. Pleasant (east of Washougal) it will be a feast for the eyes and a fix for all you collectors! M.

5 comments:

Molly Mo's said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on our shows yesterday. I'm sure we will be doing this again, it was a ton 'o fun! You are such a great friend and your creativity inspires me!!
Diane

Karen from A`Musements said...

Thank you so much for all the kind things you said about my pieces at Cindy's sale, Martha! You are so sweet to include the picture of my bird wreath, when there were so many beautiful things at the sale to show. Thank you! Hope you and Ellen continued on your way and had a fun rest of the day. Nice to see you both.
Karen

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Martha,
It was so much fun seeing you and your sister Saturday. She is an absolute trooper for coming on crutches!! Thought we might loose her on the step!!
Than you so much for the sweet things you said about me and my friends! I'm glad you are ONE!
JOY!

Christine LeFever said...

Alas, I couldn't make it to the wonderful sales of "3 Friends", so I thank you for sharing your day in bouncing from one marvel to the next.

Perhaps next time.

Christine

Hey Harriet said...

Sounds like a fab day!

I adore that bird wreath of Karens. I love Karen's work & I'm a big fan! A couple of well respected galleries here in Australia are currently pursuing Karen with regards to her having some solo exhibitions downunder. Woohoo! I sure hope it all eventuates because I'd so love the opportunity to view her work up close & personal :)

Lucky you for already having that pleasure!

Blog Archive