Monday, December 10, 2007

My Two Sharons





Today was a special day for me. I got to visit with two of my best friends - both named Sharon. One I have known since first grade and I'm not telling you how long that has been! She lives in Kansas where we both grew up and ended up college roommates. We have known each other so long that there are things only the two of us know about each other. The only other people alive that might know are her father and my sister. The second is a neighbor that I have known for about 6 years. I met this Sharon on my morning walk. We ended up walking partners. The funny thing about these two women is that they have so many similarities. Their birthdays are only days apart and both very active in their churches. They both were raised on farms and still practice housekeeping, gardening and child-rearing the way our mother's did. Family is very important to them. I feel very lucky to have both of them in my life. They each have a special place in my heart.


I'm posting some pictures I took around the house. Hope they put you in the Christmas spirit!

3 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Martha, Yes we are planning to see you Sunday. Things have been kinda "off" to say the least, but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things soon.
JOY!

Christine LeFever said...

That's so lovely that you and Sharon and Sharon were able to visit.

Your house is so sweet and indeed, it has inspired me to add more soft tones to my Christmas decor.

Christine

Aleta said...

It's so unusual these days to have long term friendships. The kind of friendships where people really know you, and love you anyway! Yay for you!!

I love the pretty pictures you've posted. They're calm and serene. I need that as we inch closer and closer to putting our home on the market.

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Blog Archive