Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Day Before, The Day Before


This is the day that I try to get a head start on all the cooking for the next two days. So far, so good. I have only a couple of stocking stuffers left to wrap - then I'm finished! I just delivered goodies to a couple of neighbors. It's not just rain outside. It's a down pour! I was thinking how nice it would be if it was snow! I know it would pose all sorts of problems for the holiday travelers, but wouldn't it be wonderful?!?


Tomorrow we will prepare a couple more items for our Christmas Day dinner, get the table ready and join our son for Christmas Eve services. He doesn't realize that I don't need a gift. My gift is having him with us. I know that there are so many families with loved ones elsewhere. I treasure every year that we can celebrate together. I know one day that will change and I will have to deal with it. So, right now I am thankful that, like Thanksgiving, I will have my chick at home eating hot cinnamon rolls and bacon on Christmas morning. Much merriment and wonder to you all!

1 comment:

Christine LeFever said...

Yes, snow is so lovely, but I choose in the long run the mobility of our rain, provided it doesn't become flood waters!

Enjoy your time with your boy, Martha. And perhaps he will not move far from home, for there is so much here in the beautiful Willamette Valley that tends to keep us content.

Christine

Blog Archive