Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On to the Next Season

A Season of Change.  It has been an unusual Fall - to say the least.  I have had to learn to adjust and accept the way I usually go about things.  Something I don't do easily.  I'm not inflexible.  I CAN accept the things that cause the change and go forward.  However, it does require some serious reorganization of what is in my brain.  So with that ...  My husband has had some health issues that have required some changes.  Nothing awful - just change on his part and, for me, adapting to how that affects me and this little business that I love. However, I love him more - so you take care of what is most important and realize that everything else is just not such a big deal.  What is precious is apparent really fast.

Not to worry!  He is much better!  I, however, am adapting to a different plan for the next season of creations and shows.  Again, it takes me a bit to wrap my tiny, little brain around this stuff --  but I AM doing it.  If I hadn't said anything, no one would be the wiser, but I feel it.  I am a planner and organizer.  Changes of "The Plan" put me in a spin.  The good part of this is that I am being forced to work smarter and more efficiently.  No time for creative indulgences that can take precious time. 

Since this post has been all about change - there has been a big change in my workroom.  A change from black glitter to mica flake and silver sparkles - everywhere!  There was a little "snow" storm in the workroom this weekend.  Even a little bling - and - we all love bling!

Last year Elf Patty ordered the publication, Holiday with Matthew Mead.  A beautiful collection of eye candy for the holidays.  One picture in particular caught my eye - two blingy, blue trees created by Debbie Dusenberry of http://www.curioussofa.com/.  This year I decided to had to make a few of these.  What fun and I think they turned out lovely. 


These cuties and many other creations will be waiting for you at  ...

Keep checking back for more new things coming out of the workroom.  The glitter is flying about and everything is a-sparkle! M.

1 comment:

Andy's Attic said...

Glad your husbands health issues are nothing aweful! You will figure out how to do it all...just maybe not right away. Your trees look lovely and I am hoping to make it down for your sale one of these times.
Annette

Blog Archive