Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Frosty's Friend


Each year I make a new type of snow man.  This year, I decided I wasn't going to invest in expensive foam balls as my base. Instead I experimented with wads of newspaper.  I think the result was even better than before!

This year's snow man reflects my love of old & recycled items:  newspapers pulled from the recycle bin, an old rusty funnel "hat", a belt salvaged from on old pair of roller skates, neck scarf from an warm woolen blanket.  He is perched on an old book of Christmas stories.  He is just one big repurposed hunk of snow man!


He and a few of his best friends will be at the Holiday Treasures Show this weekend hosted my Diane (Molly Mo's) and me.  Show details are on the left.  Hope you can make it!  M.

1 comment:

Becky Voth said...

What a beautiful blog you have!! I pinned your amazing snowman & wondered if you would consider doing a tutorial on how to make one? I am a lover of snowmen as well & have never tried my hand at making one! he looks so vintagie!
Anyway, I look forward to browsing your blog more often! :D Becky

Blog Archive