Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Not only is this Valentine's Day, this is the day we celebrate Zoe's birthday. We adopted her when she was 7. Today, she is 11. We celebrate on Valentine's Day since we are not sure what day in February she was born. She will get a few special treats and maybe an extra walk. As you can tell, she is a special member of our household. Without her, adjusting to the "empty nest" thing would have been really difficult for me. She is a constant source of entertainment. I appreciate what I perceive as her dry sense of humor and the fact that she doesn't realize that she is 77 in dog years! Very spunky. The picture is alittle blurry since it had to be taken quickly. Seconds after, the birthday tiara was removed with one swipe of a big paw. Enough birthday silliness for her!


Tonight my husband and I will go out for a wonderful dinner at a nearby restaurant called Amadeus. We usually don't do the dinner thing on Valentine's Day, but this year it sounded like fun and we actually managed to get a reservation. I left little notes in my husband's planner to remind him throughout the day that he is #1. He is very special and I am thankful everyday that he is my Valentine - always!

1 comment:

Aleta said...

Happy Birthday, Zoe!! And Happy Valentine's Day to you my dear!!! Bill and I will be spending our Valentine's evening at Mt. Pleasant!! Yay!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Blog Archive