Friday, November 9, 2007


It's a day at home for me to work, work, work on making all the fun things that creep into my brain in the middle of the night. When I have a few minutes, like before leaving for work or waiting for the coffee to brew, I stand at my work table and start putting the bits and pieces together to see if what I imagined will really work. Sometimes it is intimidating to have that "blank canvas" in front of you. I just have to dive in and start. Trying one thing and then another until it starts to come together. I love it when there is just one thing, like a old book cover or a picture, that is my inspiration. Then, there are the times when that favorite little doo-dad just won't work. That is when I get hung up trying to make it work. I have learned to set it aside and move on to another doo-dad. Most times that is when the piece comes together. It's like the little Art Fairy suddenly flew over and sprinkled a little magic dust -- Voila! A treasure appears and makes my heart sing! Here is a picture of one of my latest little creations. Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

I love this, it is so charming. What Flea Market do you visit?? Hope you do well at the sales that you will be in!! Laurie

Christine LeFever said...

Ah yes, doo-dads, how we love and need them! Your work is always intoxicating dearest Martha. Your entire arena is perfection and I look forward to our next visit!

Christine

Lana Manis said...

Dear Martha, I found your blog via Christine LeFever's blog. I also remember your wonderful art from when you were a featured artist at The Primitive Gathering. You do such charming, vintage work. I'm happy to see you have a blog that I can visit now and then.

Blog Archive