Friday, October 12, 2007

Getting Started ...




This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I was always waiting for the right time or free time. Since free time is almost nonexistent, I just took advantage of a time when my son could provide technical support (thank you , Jacob). So, here I go...


Autumn is my favorite season. I love all the colors, crispness in the air, visits to the pumpkin patch and spiced cider. Of course there is Halloween - a favorite, second only to Christmas. I love making whimsical Halloween decorations that are composed of old pictures, bits and pieces of old and new papers and glitter! This year I had a wonderful time making pieces for the Harvest Sale at Willow Nest in Washougal, Washington. Unfortunately, it was the last event for Willow Nest. Owners Ludmil and Linda Marcov are moving to Texas to begin a new adventure. They will be missed as well as the unique setting they created in Washougal. This is a picture of this year's Halloween favorite. Some of my other creations can be found on my website: www.vintagetrifles.com.


Check back soon for more!

3 comments:

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Martha
Good for you, this will probally be a piece of cake for you!!! We have the same background. So naturally I love your look! I want to figure out how to change images and play with all the options...nothing but lack of time and 'brains' getting in my way!

Aleta said...

Welcome to Blogland!!! I love your blog already!! Now to add it to my list!!

Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Michelle said...

Hi Martha, In case your wondering why I'm commenting on your very first post, it's because I started from today Oct 27, 2009 and looked at all of your posts going back to the beginning. I am so glad I found your blog, you are wonderfully talented and I will be visiting from now on! Please stop by ad visit my blog as I am a fairly new blogger!
Michelle

Blog Archive