Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Introducing the 2012 Pumpkins

If you have followed me for a while, you know that each Fall I make a different type of pumpkin.
There have been burlap covered pumpkins, muslin covered pumpkins, cheesecloth covered pumpkins ...  If I liked the look, I covered a pumpkin with it!

 
Over the past year I have created may different things using repurposed books.
I thought why not continue with this theme - it only seems natural to turn a "cake"
into a "pumpkin"!  Natural, right, I know. 
In the '60s, women started folding books to make Christmas trees, angels, Santas, etc.
This crafty trend has re-emerged, I hope, in a more sophisticated form.

 
There is a whole crop of these little cuties filling up my front window seat!

 
They are just one little part of what I have been creating for my
Vintage Halloween Bootique!
 
See details in the bar to the left and  ... don't forget ...
 
New Location:  in the Carriage House at
Historic Deepwood Estate
located at the corner of Mission & 12th Streets in Salem, Oregon.
 
Get out your Hi-liter and draw a big bright circle
on your calendar around September 28th & 29th.
 
Be There or Beware !!!  M.

2 comments:

melanie said...

Oh...I love the pumpkins...will try to make it to your show...they are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

What is the name of your facebook page?

Blog Archive