Saturday, November 28, 2009

Year of the Snow Man

Sometimes things just happen out of nowhere.
I usually have a plan or theme for holiday shows. But, something happened year.
One afternoon I began making snowmen for no apparent reason and
couldn't quit! I was having too darn much fun to stop.

So, it seems that there will be a snowman invasion at the
Christmas Show Event at
Monticello Antique Marketplace this year.
Lots of micaflake EVERYWHERE!
There is even a little snow lady inside one of
the old clock cases I pictured a few posts ago.

A glass display case has been transformed into a
snowy, winter wonderland with, yes, another snowman!
There have been lots of snow flurries in my workroom this week
and much more for you to see beginning next Friday at the
Monticello Antique Marketplace in Portland. See details on the left.
I will post more pictures soon! Set-up day is tomorrow! M.

9 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Martha,
These are tooo adorably cute!!

Did you get the clock cases from Betty?? (zipping back to read that post.)
What a great find she had.

Hope the show goes well.

blessings

barbara jean

Florence said...

I can hardly wait. I sure do love snowmen. Florence

Andy's Attic said...

Precious snowmen! I'm anxious for the show!
Annette

The Feathered Nest said...

Martha!!! I love them all sweetie!!! Isn't it wonderful how each of them have their own personality? I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving ~ hugs and love, Dawn

Journal Swag said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love your snowmen!

Hugs,
Sheila

Nancy said...

Hi Martha...
Love your new little snowmen. So sweet. Love the ones in scenes with the trees.

Hope all is well with you.
Take care,
Hugs, Nancy

Unknown said...

Hi Martha,

aren't your snowmen just the cutest?
They're wonderful. If you like you can hop over to the Netherlands (in a virtual way of speaking :-), I've got something for you on my blog.

Hugs, Ira

Karen Valentine said...

Those are sooo adorable! As usual.... I wish I could be there!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

chicroses said...

Oh wished I could make it to Portland..so close. Eastern wash.Your displays for Monticello look gorgeous. The red looks good great among the white. I have a space at the Rusty Pelican in Richland wash. If your ever this way stop in. sally

Blog Archive