Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mother Nature Has a Mind of Her Own

I've noticed that I've been whining a whole lot about the weather. Snow, hail, sleet, rain, wind, frost, on and on. After posting my blog yesterday, I looked out into the back yard - again - (Zoe likes to go out a lot). In the background, the TV was giving the weather forecast across the country and reporting adverse weather in many of our southern states. Made me think about what we have been experiencing here in the Northwest. Basically, we haven't been having to deal with much at all. We are pretty lucky people here in the Northwest. Yes, it has been cold, wet, gray, windy -- more so than usual. However, there are so many other areas of the country that experience weather and conditions created by the weather that are so much worse than what we have here. So, from now on, I'm going to try to be more positive and complain and whine less. I'm going to appreciate what we have going for us, even if it's dripping!

I borrowed this quote from Deena Warner's blog and keep in mind that just because the calendar says it's spring, Mother Nature has a mind of her own. Deal with it!

"The first day of spring is one thing, and the
first spring day is another. The difference
between them is sometimes as great as
a month."

Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Martha...whine away...the weather can drive a person wingy after awhile...no matter where we live! We have actually had a great winter here...not much snow, until last week!...and the temps have been pretty nice...until last week!...It is supposed to warm up by the weekend...yeh! I guess now we can all wait until it is 95F in the shade and then start whining all over again!!

Love your great finds...I just love old dishes. They have so much charm.

Have a great week!
Hugs, Nancy

Little Blue Violet said...

I am inpatient as can be this year. Bring on the sunshine! What beautiful buds on your trees. I am so anxious to see some here in Pa.
smiles
Darly

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Hi Martha, We have just had 48 hours of sparkling blue sky in Ontario. The sunshine does make everyone happier, no question about it.

Good thing, because the wind blew 24 shingles off my roof Tuesday night. I guess that was my April Fools. It has been a crazy winter. The shingles are being replaced as I type. . .. the happy sound of footsteps on my roof :).

~ Karen

Enjoy you day! Karen

Blog Archive